Sunday, July 10, 2011

Annapolis Training Camp

So far this training camp has been pretty amazing. I've had more quality workouts in the past two days then I think I've had in the past month. I have a feeling I'm going to come back in pretty good shape! So yesterday was our first full day of training and Derek and I started it off with an 8 mile run around the Navy support center. Which happens to be where the cross country course is located. We ran part of the course and it was brutal! There was this one climb that you're pretty much on your toes the entire way up and your heartrate is flying. Made it through the run with a total of just over 8 miles. Good run! We also ended up swimming that day around noon at the Naval Academy pool. It's my far the nicest pool I have ever swam in. Then we ended the day with a ride to downtown and grabbing a scrumptious sandwich at The Big Cheese:)

Today has been pretty similar. Swim in the morning, then ended up riding for just over 2 hrs followed by a 3 mile transition run. Oh and we also got one of the best massage therepists to work on sone of the team. Hes worked the past 3 olympics and is pretty legit! I'm feeling pretty darn good actually. I can't wait to see what the next couple weeks brings. It's been an amazing time in Annapolis so far. This place has it all for me. As of right now we leave tuesday afternoon and start our journey to Brazil. So another hard day of training tomorrow then it's travel time:) so stoked!!

No comments: