Sunday, July 10, 2011

So my trip began this morning bright and early after an amazing night with friends at one of my favorite restaurants in Kemah called Bakkhus. I have some amazing supportive friends and it was great getting to spend my last night in town with them.

So a little about my trip so far... My first connecting flight I flew next to a young girl who it was her first time ever on a plane. If I had to guess, she was probably around 15 or 16. I first met her at the gate when she asked if she was in the right place. Then proceeded to ask me when security would give her back her laptop that she had to take out of her bag... I became wide eyed. "they Uhhh, don't hold on to your laptop. They just ask you to take it out for security purposes." I've never seen anyone run so fast back to security. Haha. Poor girl. Well, I also had the pleasure of sitting next to her on the plane. Lucky me:) the girl was freaking out. Thought she was going to grab my arm on more than one occasion. I literally had to walk her through the steps of landing and tell her that everything was normal. Good times.

So now I write this on my way to Baltimore where I will meet the rest of the team at the USO. Then from there we're all hopping in a rental van and making our way to Annapolis! Hopefully first making a stop at what Derek Oskutis says is the best pizza place ever! Going to be epic!! Tomorrow's details are uncertain for now. I imagine we will probably swim sometime in the morning then probably get a run or ride in with the team. I can't wait to train with such amazing athletes these next few weeks before the race. The motivation is high!! Thanks again for everybody's support and I will keep updating as my trip goes on!

No comments: