Monday, July 4, 2011

Military World Games!!

So this friday I leave for one heck of a triathlon trip... Rio De Janiero, Brazil for the Military World Games. I can't believe its already here. Ever since I qualified back in April I have been looking forward to this moment. It was a goal of mine all last year to qualify and if you guys remember I placed 6th at Nationals to round out the last position for Team USA. I can't tell you how honored I am to represent the best country in the World and to wear the Red, White, and Blue. When I first started Triathlon 6 years ago, I never thought I would be where I am today. I thought I was just going out to get a workout in. And it soon turned into a lifestyle where I lived and breathed the swim, bike, and run. With all lifestyles though, we have our ups and downs. I've put together some amazing races as well as been so dissapointed in some performances. But thats life right? I believe it. All I can do is remind myself why I love this sport and why I have stayed with it for this long. And now I embark on such an adventure as the Military World Games, which if anyone didn't know, is like the Olympics for the Military. And I couldn't have done it without the support of everyone out there. So thank you!! I know I am not good at all with updated this blog, but if you want to follow my journey, I am going to try to update every couple days of my 3 weeks away. I leave this friday the 8th and will fly to Annapolis for a training camp with the US Team. Then we fly out on the 12th and head to Rio De Janiero. Our race is on the 24th and then we will be back on the 26th (my birthday!) Well once again, thank you for all the support! I look forward to keeping you guys in the loop on this amazing trip!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

So excited and extremely proud of you!!! Can't wait to read the updates :)

Carrie said...

Oh, and Carpe Diem!

davida said...

Go Brad Go

Thanks for all you do for C Different and its athletes.